Lens and Pens

Mindful musings and images from travels around the world and around the block

Monday, March 26, 2007

So long flannel and fleece


April is looming on the calendar at the end of this week, a sunrise of light cast on the receding winter.
Unfamiliar warmth greets the early morning - 59 when I woke at 7 am with the day zipping along toward a repeat of yesterday's 70. The sliding door to the balconey is wide open, along with all the windows.
The woods across the way are roaring with the sound of the tree peeps. The sun is gaining strength, giving rise to the aroma of baking wood and asphalt. Overnight we've peeled off coats, jackets and sweaters, feeling suddenly light-bodied in only one layer of shirt sleeves
That does it! Spring officially begins today in my life with the stripping of flannel sheets from my bed, subjecting them to the machinations of washer and dryer. Soon they'll be stashed at the bottom of the stack to await another season of cold nights. While I'm at it, I'll wash the the fleece throws on the couch, and start culling the heaviest of my sweaters from the drawers and the winteriest of clothes from the closet, to make room for the lighter and brighter in my wardrobe.
OK, so April's appearance on the calendar is no protection from winter making a guest appearance in Wisconsin, but we're far enough into the change of seasons that its grasp is likely to give way rather quickly. At least that's what I'd like to think.
Today I'm going to enjoy sun and warmth and the sureness of spring to blossom in my life as well as the world outside. Think I'll buy a bouquet of daffodils today.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home