Lens and Pens

Mindful musings and images from travels around the world and around the block

Monday, March 20, 2006

Finally getting around to it


So I've had this blog for over a year, but didn't get beyond set up to actually posting. Helps now to have time for learning and experimenting with new software and technology, practicing the skills enough to remember how to do things, and having access to a personal tutor - in this case my daughter.
Once again our lives are following parallel paths. We even shared a graduation day with commencements just a few hours apart but one in Chicago and one in Louisville. We moved two weeks apart - they left for Seattle from Wisconsin just before I moved to Wisconsin. We shared flats for a week each in Dublin and Antibes. Right now we are both taking leave from work - she on maternity leave and me on sabbatical. Both of which have brought me to Seattle: a major part of my sabbatical experience is being grandmother and mother which amounts to being part babysitter/cook/housekeeper, part tutor or mentor in the mystery tour called parenting, part girl friend, part creative collaborator. So, both student and teacher in the journey of life.
Now, back to traveling ....

1 Comments:

Blogger sp1ral said...

ya! momma's got a blog.

I'm so happy and lucky to share the journey with you. With all that we've done already, I can't wait to find out what our next adventure will be...stay tuned... ;) xoxo

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home